Fireplaces fuelled by bioethanol warm up any room, figuratively and literally, with their genuine flames. Bioethanol fireplaces are as safe as any other open flame. Read on to learn more about bioethanol fire safety around your family.

Bio-Fireplace Safety Tips

Bioethanol fireplaces should only be fed fuel specifically formulated for them. Using bioethanol car fuel, gasoline, diesel, paper, wood, cardboard, or a mixture of fuels is dangerous. Do not substitute other liquid, gel, or solid fuels for bioethanol fireplace fuel.

Check every part of the bio-fireplace, particularly the steel burner box, before fuelling it. The fireplace should be empty, clean, cold, and dry when it is filled.

Bioethanol fireplaces need to operate on a flat, stable horizontal surface. Position the bioethanol fireplace so that its flame is not susceptible to wind; a wind-swept flame could ignite nearby flammable materials. Bioethanol fireplaces should always be sited with at least 1 metre of clearance from any and all flammable materials, including furniture, fabrics, curtains, and aerosol sprays.

Keep a working fire extinguisher near the bioethanol fireplace at all times.

The steel burner box of a bioethanol fireplace has a max fill line. Never add bioethanol fuel past this line. This is the same for 2 sided fireplace options.

Light bioethanol fireplaces using a suitable safety lighter or a lengthy taper so that hair and clothes do not come closer than arm’s length to the fire.

Biofuel is commonly sold in squeeze bottles to make filling the fireplace easier. The use of funnels is also recommended to further reduce the risk of spillage during fueling.

Spilled bioethanol fuel must be removed before lighting a biofire. This is best accomplished with a paper towel or a clean sponge.

Do not use a biofire for boiling water or any form of cooking.

Do not use a bioethanol fireplace in an unventilated room or inside a vehicle.

Keep lighters, matches, bioethanol fuel bottles, and other flammable tools well separated from bioethanol fireplaces when they are not being used.

Do not operate a bioethanol fireplace in any area where there is the possibility of exposure to flammable gas.

Additional Safety Tips For Operating A Bioethanol Fireplace Safely When It Is Lit

Bioethanol fireplaces should never be left burning without human supervision. Make sure the fire is completely extinguished before leaving it. (e.g prior to falling asleep)

When it is operating, a bioethanol fireplace will give off heat, water vapour, and a small amount of carbon dioxide. Although these emissions do not pose a serious health risk, they do need to be removed from the room via ventilation.

Related image

Keep biofires protected from direct air drafts; this prevents dangerous flare-ups.

 

After the bioethanol fireplace is lit, all persons should stay at least 1 metre away.

Exercise extra caution to keep pets and children away from the fireplace when it is lit.

Do not blow into the fire as this can produce flare-ups.

Extinguish all smoking materials before lighting or re-fueling a bioethanol fireplace.

If a bioethanol fireplace runs out of fuel, allow all portions (particularly the stainless steel burner box) to cool thoroughly before refilling it.

Bioethanol fuel should not be allowed to contact the skin. If accidental contact does occur, rinse the affected area promptly and thoroughly.

Store the bioethanol fuel for the fireplace in a safe space well removed from the fireplace itself.

Although the stainless steel burner is not flammable, it should be replaced if any evidence of corrosion (rust), cracks, or other damage is found.

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here